Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Baking Urge!

Baby girl and I headed off to the gym today to only find out that the daycare was already full (love the monday holidays).  I was in the mood to bake and not in the mood to buy.  (Newbie and I have challenged eachother to not spend any money for the next 2 weeks.  No Wendy's rootbeers for me, no daily Potbelly sugar cookies and diet cokes for him.  Let's see who caves first!  :) )

So I plugged the following ingredients into google: oats, whole wheat pastry flour, raisins, cinnamon and applesauce.  Here is the recipe I found:

Oatmeal Raisin Applesauce Cookies
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins

Bake at 375.  12- 15 mins

some of the ingredients!
cookie dough!














The recipe actually called for nutmeg, but I could not find mine so I substituted allspice.  The smell of my kitchen was amazing!    I found a handy dandy calorie counter online (caloriecount.about.com) and plugged in the ingredients.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 25 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories
59  Calories from Fat
4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.5g
1%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
0mg
0%
Sodium
29mg
1%
Total Carbohydrates
12.4g
4%
Dietary Fiber
1.0g
4%
Sugars
5.8g
Protein
1.5g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 2%
Nutrition Grade C+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

the finished product
The copy and paste is a little tough on that one.  But overall: 59 calories per cookie!  Not too bad for a cookie!   And a delicious one at that!  

I hope to get to the gym this afternoon right when the daycare opens so baby girl and I can get our space- in the gym and from each other.  :-)  

Happy President's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. I've had the "baking urge" like crazy for the past week. Two apple pies (because they are sooo easy) and my absolute favorite white chocolate bread pudding! Thank goodness I'm finally sick of sweets....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, oatmeal raisin is my favorite cookie!!! I will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete