Monday, July 26, 2010

For the love of a baby...


What a busy week it has been!

After a rough week of work the week before, last week called for some big crashing. Have you ever had one of those weeks where you are so drained that you can hardly function? That was me last week... emotions were running high along with exhaustion and my patience had seemingly run out the door. I failed miserably at my running for the week and decided I must get back on the bandwagon this week or my marathon would be headed with my patience.

Since there is not much running as an actual runner to discuss, I thought I would let you know about a major baby milestone last week!

Samantha finally said the word I have been dying to hear: MAMA! And she didn't just say it once, she said it 50 times in a row! "mama, mama, mama" (Yes, 50 I counted! JUST KIDDING!) Oh how I love that word and oh how I have made such a fool of myself to get her to say it. I have wandered through the house saying it over and over again to her, I have wandered through stores saying only mama and put it into songs that I have sung at the top of my lungs in the car for her! I have made a mockery of my adulthood and am anxiously expecting someone to take it back from me!

I love having a baby, but I really love having a baby at this stage! She is a bundle of fun. I teach young kids tennis for a living and have always tried to be professional on court, but since Sam I have found myself frog jumping with ribbits for the kids, doing animal noises and all sorts of things a "normal" adult probably should not do. But since Samantha has reached this interactive, laughing stage, I will do anything to hear a child giggle!

I figured I would be a playing kind of mama and that eventually my husband would be a not afraid to play kind of daddy, but we might have taken it to a new level! I have found Ray dancing with Samantha to ABBA songs! I have taken the itsy bitsy spider to new singing and dancing levels and I will tell you it is worth every belly laugh, smile and giggle that I get!

I will gladly turn myself into a babbling, nursery rhyme singing, crazy dancing, baby swinging, peek a boo playing, face smashing into a playpen mesh, giggling mama, if it gets the laughs and smiles and love of my little baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment