Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. The gym is just not in my future today. Baby girl and I are flying solo and she just decided to settle down for a nap. It is 4:12 pm here. We had to go to the grocery store to wear her out! It should be an interesting rest of the day... I hate how I get going and hit all my runs one week and then lose all momentum the next. ugh... Not long now until the Indy Mini (May 7). The distance is not a problem for me. I just want to do it faster!

2. I have a lot of baking and cooking on the agenda for the next few days. A friend of ours is spending time away from home as she cares for her little guy in the NICU. Newbie and I are hoping to go see her Saturday with chicken enchiladas, chips and salsa, oatmeal, cereal bars, cheerios muffins, chocolate chip cookies galore... I have felt helpless the last few weeks for her as she as gone through this and I feel like all of this cooking and baking will help me feel more useful. Ever heard that saying, "Once you become a mother, you feel like every kid is yours"? I am so there right now and it just sucks...

3. I am ready to say ADIOS to February. Or maybe I should sing a little Cee Lo to it:




I am over all the misery that it has brought to all of our family and friends. I am over the weather and I am just ready for spring. Spring is the time of rebirth, right? I think we could all use a little of that right now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the Spring thing. Where is it already??

    Sending warm thoughts to your friend and her new family. That must be so hard to go through.. I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete