Friday, December 17, 2010

Fever Friday

Today the fever has taken over the house and hence completely derailed my day!

The lil' one woke up at 5:30 am with a slight fever.  Nothing too major, but still our first fever.  Happy we had made it to 13.5 months.  So mama's gym plans went right out the door, along with my resolve to not waste this day! 

So here I sit, 3 pm, and I have just gotten out of my jammies.  Now mind you the lil' one is still in her's!  She is down for her hopefully long afternoon nap and I have gotten more done in the last 15 minutes then I had all morning.  (There was lots of temperature taking and snuggling going on this morning.  Sam is not a snuggler so I will gladly take it when I can get it!)

The dishwasher has been emptied and refilled, the laundry started, the bed made and the fever has gone down.  I am getting my mojo back!  When I finally shed the jammies, I put on my running clothes.  There will be no looking back now.

The Ray-Man will walk through that door at 6 pm.  I will show him the pizza in the oven.  I will show him a much better feeling baby girl.  And at 6:05 pm, I will get in my car, drive to the gym, put on my headphones and run.

I will run away from the whines, the fever, the unproductiveness and sadly the snuggles.

But I will get that run in.

No comments:

Post a Comment