Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010!

What a great way to end 2010! Who would have thought that on December 31, I would get to run outside in the Midwest in 62 degrees, Capri running tights and short sleeves?!?! Amazing and fantastic!

2010 was a very up and down year in my running. I started with high hopes for getting back into shape and running a half in May. I ended up doing the 5k instead... And very slowly. First one back from a baby so I will cut myself a little slack.

Then came the marathon proclamation that ended up being two half marathons (August and October) instead. At least October left me with my PR in the half even though I missed out in the marathon. The year ended with on and off running, but excitement for 2011 running!

I did meet my goal of losing all the baby weight and then some. And outside of running, I did find some balance in work, motherhood and wifedom. I started a new business and said goodbye to a significant amount of my old job. I said goodbye to late night working and hello to daily cooking and cleaning.

2010 was not a bad year, not a great year. It had it's highs and lows, it's ups and downs. I look forward to a clean slate for 2011. I can feel some major changes happening in my 30th year!

Have a safe and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment