Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: The Year of Creativity!

As I sat down to make this year's resolutions, I decided that the reason I had failed so miserably in the past was the lack of quantitative ways to keep track of my resolutions.  I came up with goals, objectives, strategies and then some!

I want 2011 to be the year that I let my creativity fly.  ("I'm a peacock, let me fly!"-other guys)

Resolution 1:  Cook healthier foods and eat more variety. 
I get stuck in food ruts and will eat the same food for 3 weeks straight.  This year is about expanding my palate and my cooking skills.  Each week on Sundays I am going to post a review of a recipe that I tried the week previous with information about what I will be trying the following week.  (Already off to a great start, I made Jessica Seinfield's Maple Muffins this morning.  Delicious!  The Ray-Man did not even realize there were carrots in them!)  I hope to find healthy foods that fuel my body for normal days and running days. 

Resolution 2:  Craft More!
I am a project person.  I love working with my hands and making things for myself and others!  In 2011, I want to expand my knowledge and get baby girl involved! I want to learn how to sew, do 1 project a week and get my scrapbook on 2 times a month.

Resolution 3:  Run smarter and faster!
I have said before that the art of running is not a strong suit of mine, so in 2011 I want to learn about running.  Fellow bloggers already have plenty of information posted for me to catch up on and I am hoping this makes for an injury free, faster year.  I want to run 2 more 1/2 marathons and break 1:50, 1 marathon (hopefully NYC), and try for my PR in a 5k.  

My other resolutions deal with being a better mom, wife, person and involve finding time for me and reaching out to other moms for advice and friendship. 

Even if none of the above happens, I really just want a happy and healthy 2011 for myself, my family and my friends.  I look back at 2010 and I am proud of my first year as a mama and am truly happy with where my life is headed.  I want to be able to say the same thing at the end of 2011.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  DREAM BIG IN TWENTY-ELEVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment