I have been thinking a lot about my goals for this 2011 running year:
1. Break 1:50 in my May half,
2. Run NYC Marathon, possibly for charity.
Goal #1 is ever present on my mind as the race is getting closer and closer! I have been trying to come up with ways to achieve this goal and one overwhelming theme is eat better, smarter and drop some pounds. So I of course hit Runners World for diet help. When training for a race, you cannot sacrifice too many calories but you can put better things into your body. I am loving the tips in this article:
1. Add color to every meal.
2. Stop grazing!
I tend to eat out of boredom. Who wouldn't eat rather than clean their house?? That seems like a no brainer! ;-) When baby girl hits the sack for her afternoon nap, I tend to hit the couch to catch up on tv shows or read my Kindle. It only feels natural to have something to munch on. This must stop!
So my plan to drop some L Bs before the May Race is:
1. Add a salad to every meal.
2. Cut my meal sizes in half, both on my plate and what I prepare. There are only 3 of us in this house and 1 is a teeny tiny person so there is no need to make a meal for 6. All recipes will now be halved. This should stretch out my whole chicken I make too!
3. During baby girls long nap, try to keep my hands busy for 1/2 of it. Reading and tv is okay, but crafting will keep me from wanting to munch.
4. Drink lots and lots of water! I already tend to get in about 64 ounces a day with only drinking coffee on top of that. I half to stay away from those coke zeros that newbie likes to keep in the house!
What are your tried and true tips to drop a few pounds?
Newbie, baby girl and I are going on our first run together tonight! With the extra daylight, we can all run outside after newbie gets home from work! This should be interesting! ;-)